The Lone Star state features a ton of great summer camps. So many, in fact, that narrowing it down to the best options for your kids can be a pretty daunting task. Throw in uncertainty around each camp’s up-to-date status, and 2020 was not an easy year for camp parents.
How Can I Find Summer Camps in Texas Next Year?
The good news is that there actually is a way to find the very best summer camps in Texas, according to your specifications, along with up-to-date, detailed information—all in one place. No, we’re not talking about an online directory website.
Many parents turn to online directories or aggregators like BetterCampFinder to find options in the categories they like (such as this great list of affordable and free summer camps in northern Texas). These resources are great, but there’s nothing easier than an automated mobile app compatible with Android and iOS-enabled devices. That’s why we’ve built one:
Camps With Friends! Don’t worry—it’s also completely free.
With a few clicks in the Camps With Friends app, you can ditch the frustration of finding, sifting through, planning, and coordinating summer camps in Texas for your children. Our straightforward platform matches parent profiles to the programs that fit their exact criteria in a fully secure and private service.
You can sort results across many criteria—age group, interest area, day camp vs. overnight, location, and more. This groundbreaking service will help you share and organize your camp booking selections with other parents so your kids can all enjoy summer camps in Texas together!
Find Day and Overnight Summer Camps in Texas on Camps With Friends!
Here are just a couple of the awesome options for summer camps in Texas that you’ll find on our innovative mobile platform:
- Skyhawks: The Skyhawks programs in Dallas-Fort Worth offer each camper a positive introduction to sports, motivation to live an active, healthy life, and critical life lessons in teamwork, respect, and sportsmanship. The kids play skill-building games and activities in addition to developing a total understanding of the focus sport!
- Frontier Camp: Piney Wood Texas is home to this one-week camp for kids from 7 to 17. There are many Christian summer camps in Texas, but not all can boast a 50-year-tradition of teaching faith in word and action!
- Marine Military Academy: The MMA summer camp for 11 to 18-year-old schoolboys offers a four-week military adventure from sunup to sundown. Campers engage in archery, mud diving, paintball, ziplining, and more in a highly structured, physical environment.
- Kidventure: Children aged 3-18 attend Kidsventure day camps, overnight camps, and after-school programs across thirty locations (including Houston, Dallas, Austin, Hunt, and Rocksprings). When parents of 1,432 campers were surveyed, 94% noticed a positive impact on their kids! There are no better summer camps in Texas for kids to develop socially, physically, and emotionally.
- Camp Thurman: The largest non-profit day camp near Dallas and Fort Worth started as a small Bible-camp activity through Pantego Bible church. Now, Camp Thurman is among the top Christian summer camps in Texas, with ropes courses, rock walls, a zip line, trapeze jumps, skits, games, and Bible studies for campers from 4 to 14.
- Camp Stewart: Along both banks of the Guadalupe River in Hunt, Texas, lie the 500 acres of Camp Stewart’s grounds. Boys aged 6-16 years old build life skills and character through intentional play at one of the most popular overnight camps in Texas Hill Country.
These and more summer camps in Texas can be found on Camps With Friends! Try us out when we go live on Apple’s app store (the app will also become downloadable on our website for Android users!) to browse all of your options.