The coronavirus outbreak has made it tougher than ever to find summer camps in Michigan this year. The governor announced the reopening of overnight camps in mid-June (along with strict social distancing guidelines). Still, many camps held out for next year, some did abbreviated or altered seasons, and others converted to virtual programming. Finding up-to-date information was tricky.
Use Camps With Friends to Stay Informed
Fortunately, navigating your options doesn’t need to be so confusing. You can avoid the tangle of incomplete local camp listings and outdated directories with our straightforward mobile app, Camps With Friends.
Many summer camp directories are just lists of camp names with links to their websites and contact info. With Camps With Friends, you don’t need to deal with unmaintained or partial lists with no information related to the current status of each camp. Our app (for both Android and iOS) makes it a breeze to filter active camps by region, activities, interest areas, age group, and much more! You’ll also get a detailed profile of the camp, complete with any images or information the camp wants to share on its listing.
The simple, intuitive interface does more than find summer camps in Michigan, too. You’ll be able to connect with other camp families, invite friends to join you, and coordinate the details and timing of your attendance.
Already thinking ahead for 2021? Here’s just a tiny sample of the overnight and day camps in Michigan you can find through our app!
The Best Summer Camps in Michigan Are on Camps With Friends!
- The Robot Garage: This engineering, coding, and robotics camp in Birmingham and Rochester Hills invent fresh activities year in and year out. No re-used mail-order kits! Your campers will work with computers, LEGO Technic, robots, gears, motors, and more, with guidance from some of the top engineering students from local colleges. They’ve got a robust selection of online classes for socially distanced camp, too!
- Grace Adventures: Looking for Christian summer camps in Michigan? Look no further than this year-round camp with three locations in northwest Michigan (the main campus, Paradise Ranch, and Dunes Harbor Family Camp). Youth camps inspire kids aged 7-17 with knowledge about who God created them to be through songs, skits, and exciting camp games. Middle schoolers and high schoolers engage in robust and challenging experiences to get to know God in a real way while enjoying Laser Tag, Air Band, and the Battle Barge. The Ranch Camps for ages 8-17 offer even more unique experiences for campers to explore their faith and horsemanship in a Western environment! Check them out for faith-based summer camp adventures.
- Multimedia Makeup Academy: College-aged academy students in Troy, Michigan master the skills of a makeup artist and build careers under the guidance of professionals. The annual Aspiring Makeup Artist Summer Camp gives younger folks, aged 9-16, an opportunity to join in and start their own multimedia makeup journey. Camps serve two groups—ages 9-12 and 13-16—in various camp session crash courses from beauty to creature creations to incredible trauma makeup. Camp hours are 9am-3pm, with an extended day option running 3-6 pm!
- Camp Walden: This traditional summer camp in Michigan (for ages 7-16) puts campers on 100 acres of forest, meadows, and beaches in Northern Michigan. Camp Walden’s menu of fifty activities with resources like tennis courts, theater facilities, a photography darkroom, an organic garden, a radio station, a waterfront program, and more will allow your kids to design their perfect schedule.
- YMCA Camp Eberhart: Camp Eberhart is more scenic than any of the other YMCA summer camps in Michigan, with acres of woods and a mile of shoreline on Corey Lake in Three Rivers, MI. Campers enjoy impactful outdoor experiences, gain independence, and master new skills in a proficiency-based program. These overnight summer camps in Michigan have been a local mainstay 109 years. Some camp alumni become NASA employees, Olympians, and professional sailors!
Check out all of these incredible summer camps in Michigan—and many more—on Camps With Friends!